Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year from Wire Harmony!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.  After I knocked out my last fairs of 2013, we were inundated with holiday traveling, wrapping, planning and fun.  The kids had a blast playing in the snow in Reno, and we had fun with Craig's family.  I enjoyed running with all my winter gear on, and even came home one night after dark covered with frost!  (I had to scrape my phone, ha.)  It was fun for a vacation, but boy was I ever happy to get back to San Diego and our mild weather.



As with many of you I am sure, the new year brings up thoughts of future goals and plans.  Wire Harmony has been an amazing learning experience for me in 2013.  Lots of fun times, new friends and also hard work and the roller coaster of emotions dealing with the world of retail.  To be honest, I was getting a bit rough around the edges.  (Grrrrr.)  But I reminded myself to be true to my passion, which is why I got into this crazy business in the first place.  I gotta do what lights my creative fire!!  So, I will be forging ahead with new ideas, new techniques, and different ways to approach the market.  I love feedback and comments, so if you have any jewels of wisdom for me, let fly!!  Oh, and an awesome side note, the ledger actually came out in the black for 2013!!  Sweet.

Where to see Wire Harmony...


My pieces are back at the Blue Mug Coffee and Tea, a fantastic coffee house in Escondido.  Stephanie and all the staff are warm and friendly, and serve up some undeniably good java.
1882 West El Norte Parkway, Escondido, CA, 92026
http://www.blue-mug.com

I will NOT be at Bernardo Winery for the rest of January.
I will BE BACK at the Winery for the month of February.
Fridays, 9 am to 1 pm
After that...we shall see.
http://bernardowinery.com/

I had fun doing some custom work for friends and family.  Take a look at some of the pieces from the end of the year and heading into 2014.

Happy Trails and Namaste,
Sarah

I am delving more into wire weaving...love it.  $25

Cut glass heart with silver filled wire for embellishment $25 
Pins are making a come back.  Love them in hats or on scarves. $10
Free formed heart pin.  $8

Of course, the ubiquitous Tree of Life.  $33

Long necklace made with handmade links.  Zebra jasper and stone.  100% hand made wire work. $40


I love the delicate intricacy of handmade chains.   $50

I designed this for my artist friend Kim Niehans' gallery opening. It is made with special coins that are wrapped, drilled and riveted.  It looked amazing on her at the show.  Here, we happened to be at the park when I delivered it!

I love the light I caught through these Fire Agates.


I designed this for a friend's boyfriend.  He likes Labradorite and wears fancy costumes at Renaissance Fairs.  Go John!

A special request of a former design but so pretty I thought I would share.

My great customer Peg requested this...I had not done the knots in bracelets before.   A good choice.
 Custom request for Arika.  Iolite is my new favorite stone. 

Looking fancy on the way to a friend's wedding.  Sorry Arika, I could not resist!

BTW, why is it so G.D. hard to take a decent shot of yourself on the phone, even when you have a flipped camera??  Thought for the week.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment